FexEx

A place to share investment information.
FTW
Site Admin

FexEx

Post by FTW »

Fedex (FDX) was my stock pick of the day.
They are based out of Memphis, TN.

The reason I purchased this stock today, 11/21/22 is because the last 12 months has range has of $141.92 low and a high of $266.79. Combine that with the current share price of $174.56 it gives me a $92.23 potential per share for a profit.

They are also paying a $1.15 per share or 2.63% quarterly dividend, and are showing a $13.57 earnings per share.
FedEx Corporation provides a portfolio of transportation, e-commerce and business services through companies competing collectively and operating independently, under the FedEx brand.

The Company's segments include FedEx Express, FedEx Ground, FedEx Freight and FedEx Services.

The FedEx Express segment offers a range of United States domestic and international shipping services for delivery of packages and freight.

The FedEx Ground segment provides small-package ground delivery services, which includes day-certain service to any business address in the United States and Canada, as well as residential delivery services through its FedEx Home Delivery service.

The FedEx Freight segment offers less-than-truckload (LTL) freight services.

The FedEx Services segment provides sales, marketing, information technology, communications, customer service, technical support, billing and collection services, and certain back-office functions that support the Company's operating segments.
fedex-10yr-2022-11-21.png
fedex-10yr-2022-11-21.png (11.27 KiB) Viewed 1682 times
Here is a 10 year chart of the Fedex stock price.
fedex-12mo-2022-11-21.png
fedex-12mo-2022-11-21.png (13.6 KiB) Viewed 1682 times
The chart above displays the stock price for the last 12 months.
fedex-90day-2022-11-21.png
fedex-90day-2022-11-21.png (8.18 KiB) Viewed 1682 times
This Fedex chart above shows their share price for the last 90 days.

As with all of the information I share, I encourage everyone to do your own DD and research.
FTW
Site Admin

Re: FexEx

Post by FTW »

On Tuesday 11/29/22 I SOLD the shares of FexEx that I purchased on Monday, 11/21/22.

These shares were sold via a trailing loss that I had placed once the stock price went up enough for me to make a profit. 'The stock price was moving up quite a bit on today's market, as such, I would assume a number of people were taking their profits. In a case like that, the share price can move around pretty fast early in the morning.
Therefore, I will keep watching it today and "may" buy it back before the day is over IF the price drops back down enough. However, even if I don't get to buy it back today, I will buy more shares whenever the price drops down enough for me to get back in, where I can make a profit.
FDX-1day-2022-11-29.png
FDX-1day-2022-11-29.png (23.79 KiB) Viewed 1667 times
The chart above displays the FedEx share price today, from the "pre-market" price, to the pricing once the market opened, then as it started to drop back down.

It is not uncommon for a stock to surge up or drop down at the opening bell of the market, due to orders being placed "after hours" to "buy" or "sell" a stock as soon as the market opens. So, sometimes riding the wave up, can be profitable, as long as you have a "trailing loss" in place to get back out or sell the stock before you loose your profits once the buying spree is over. Of course, that is for "traders" instead of "long term" investors.