PKG Stock

A place to share investment information.
FTW
Site Admin

PKG Stock

Post by FTW »

PKG Stock is another favorite stock that I "trade" or buy and sell on a regular basis.
As such, I just purchased it again today, November 15, 2022.
Packaging Corporation of America is a producer of containerboard products and uncoated freesheet (UFS) paper in North America.

The Company's segments include Packaging, Paper, and Corporate and Other. Its Packaging segment produces a variety of containerboard and corrugated packaging products.

The Paper segment manufactures and sells a range of communication-based papers. It operates approximately eight mills and 90 corrugated products plants and related facilities.

Its containerboard mills produce linerboard and corrugating medium, which are papers primarily used in the production of corrugated products.

Its corrugated products manufacturing plants produce a variety of corrugated packaging products, including conventional shipping containers used to protect and transport manufactured goods, multi-color boxes and displays with visual appeal, and honeycomb protective packaging.

In addition, it is also a producer of packaging for meat, fruit and vegetables, and other consumer products.
  • One of the reasons I purchase this stock is because "shopping" has changed in this country as well as across the world, and a major part of that change is business are having products shipped directly to the customers home or to the store, just for a customer to pick up, instead of having to store excessive merchandise for long periods of time in a retail setting. Now, with all of this shipping, there is a big demand for boxes and other types of shipping materials.
  • PKG currently pays a 3.85% dividend per share.
  • PKG Currently has a Earnings Per Share of $10.98
PKG20yr-2022-11-15.png
PKG20yr-2022-11-15.png (11.82 KiB) Viewed 1685 times
  • PKG has a great 20 year history of growth. See chart above.
PKG3mo-2022-11-15.png
PKG3mo-2022-11-15.png (8.76 KiB) Viewed 1685 times
  • PKG is currently on an upswing, but still has around $15.00 per share growth potential in order to hit it's 90 day high. See chart above.
PKG12mo-2022-11-15.png
PKG12mo-2022-11-15.png (13.07 KiB) Viewed 1685 times
  • PKG still has a $35+ potential growth per share before hitting it's 12 month high. See Chart Above.
FTW
Site Admin

Re: PKG Stock

Post by FTW »

On Thursday Dec 1, 2022, the shares of PKG stock that I purchased on November 15th, sold due to a "trailing loss" order that I had placed.

So, I ended up automatically taking my profits from this stock, in about 2 weeks. Now I will watch for this stock to take a bigger dip and then as it comes back up, I will buy it again.
PKG-10day-2022-12-1.png
PKG-10day-2022-12-1.png (43.67 KiB) Viewed 1657 times
The chart above shows the dip on 12/1/22 when pkg stock sold. I "could" have purchased it back right away as soon as it came back up, but since it was so close to it's 90 day high, I decided to wait at least another 24 hours and see what happens to it.