ABOUT OBRC

Any REGISTERED web user can post comments here.
FTW
Site Admin

ABOUT OBRC

Post by FTW »

The following is a post I just made to a potential member that indicated he "might" be interested in joining a new chapter of OBRC.

Since I went into so much detail, I figured that I would post my comments here so that other members can use them as a template to help answer questions.

It can also server as a way to educate others potential members that may be looking for more information about our club.

Enjoy
Thank you for letting us know you might be interested in joining a xxxxx, TN, chapter of OBRC, if we can get one started.

We basically need a minimum of 6 members from the area interested in riding with each other.

We only accept adults over the age of 40 that were born in America that actually own and ride motorcycles. We don’t care what type of bike they have as long as it is road worthy and they know how to ride it safely.

Our chapters do not have dues and we have a policy that we do not want our members to drink alcohol while they are riding in a group formation. This is for the protection of our members that may have slower reaction times, due to age or health issues.

The age of our membership varies per chapter, however many of our existing members have been with us for over 10 years and are currently in their 60’s, 70’s and 80’s.

With that being said, we are constantly looking for new members that are in their 40’s, 50’s and 60’s that will be able to take over leadership positions as our more established members become to old to ride on two or three wheels.

Additional information about us can be found on our website at www.olderbikers.org and by following the link to our forum.

However, most of the posts on our forum are in a secure area that is for our patch holding members only.

We also have a number of National Officers that monitor this Facebook user name (Older Bikers) and can answer all of your questions.

So, we already have a District Officer that lives in TN that is in the process of starting a chapter in the Nashville area. Plus we have National officers that live close enough to your town, to travel to your area and attend local meetings if needed to answer any questions.

At this point, we believe we may be able to find enough potential members in your area, especially since wive's that ride behind their husbands are also welcome to join.

All we need now is someone from your area that is willing to step up and offer to physically meet with the prospective members and set up a group meeting so the individuals can hold elections.

Thank you for your time and we hope you will find us worthy enough to become part of our family.

FTW
OBRC National Officer