Part 2 of I guess I'm an older biker cause I'm old.....

Lessons learned by and from Elders.
Panheadbob62

Part 2 of I guess I'm an older biker cause I'm old.....

Post by Panheadbob62 »

Came a time I went into the local watering hole and found Lee sitting there crying in his beer. He wasn't really, crying, but he was stressed out. Seems he ran into the back fender of his sponsor and fucked it up and was having trouble finding one used that he could afford. Well, Lee was the one at my clubhouse who told me to,

"Never let money be a reason to not ride with your brothers!"

after leaving 20 bucks in my hand. SO I took the fender from him and had a look, it was pretty banged up, so off I went leaving Berdoo around 5 pm that day and heading off to where I knew that treasure abounded. It was about midnight and 250 miles later that I was heading into the bar with a brand new fender for his sponsors bike. Oh he was a happy camper about that and he started throwing money at me to which I pushed it back and told him he could buy me a beer and we'd call it square.

It was a combination of Lee giving me 20 bucks and Doc giving me a clutch cable that had my heart in such a high place that the time and milage didn't matter to me one bit, I was happy to be helping out a brother.
FTW
Site Admin

Re: Part 2 of I guess I'm an older biker cause I'm old.....

Post by FTW »

That is a great story and one that every biker that does not come from the old hard but good life of decades gone by that were filled with rat bikes, hand built choppers the brotherhood that existed among the kindred spirits of the time, should read and absorb your message.
Thanks for sharing.
Bigdaddy

Post by Bigdaddy »

I was there when it was good the pan heads
All my family rode I start riding when I was
12 I was born in 1948 so yes that makes me old school I guess to all that's ride just
Keep it up right and all be safe.
The old saying is RIDE OR DIE BROTHERS AND SISTERS have a great new year
Shawn

Post by Shawn »

Ride or die and ride safe all