Owensboro OBRC Chapter Ride Saturday 7/30/22

Information on OBRC chapters located in Kentucky
FTW
Site Admin

Post by FTW »

Some OBRC members will be meeting Saturday Morning at 9:30 am in Owensboro, Kentucky to take a leisurely ride to a restaurant called Sissy’s Cafe located in Morton’s Gap, Ky. You can view information on this restaurant on Facebook at: https://www.facebook.com/ilovesissys

The route we take will depend on if we meet up with members from the Evansville, Indiana area or head directly toward Madisonville, Kentucky. We will let you know, as soon as we hear from Evansville members.

According to reviews from the past, the restaurant is supposed to have foods like:

“Small town atmosphere, with excellent service. Ordered the cowboy burger, and make a good choice. Three handmade burgers on bun that fulfilled my appetite.”

or “I didn’t get a chance to try the dessert but the sign on the door said it was voted the best dessert in Hopkins county.”

and “Great little cafe! Awesome pie. Good standard diner meats and veggies- meatloaf, squash, okra, green beans, mashed potatoes etc. Good pizza and cheese bread too! Mini corn dogs and onion rings another favorite!”

as well as “We recommend our two favorite sides: fried okra & fried squash. All the staff are very nice & will take good care of you.”

We also hope to meet up with a new potential member from the Hopkinsville, KY.area while we are at the restaurant.
You might want to make sure to pack rain suits for the ride back home, just in case we get a little liquid sunshine, since the weather has been so unpredictable this past week.

But the temps are supposed to be cooler and more comfortable.
I will be reaching out to some of the Owensboro members to see what area would be convenient for them to meet as I head their direction, so anyone that wants to join us for a short ride, (about 2 or 2 or 3 hours riding round trip plus the time at the restaurant,) good food, great fellowship and fantastic conversation, should send me a private message on Facebook or email me to find out where we are meeting.