AVGO BroadCom

A place to share investment information.
FTW
Site Admin

AVGO BroadCom

Post by FTW »

BROADCOM BOUGHT

Broadcom is listed under the ticker AVGO

Broadcom Inc. is a technology company.
The Company designs, develops and supplies a range of semiconductor and infrastructure software solutions.

The Company operates through two segments: semiconductor solutions and infrastructure software.

Its semiconductor solutions segment includes all of its product lines and intellectual property (IP) licensing.

It provides semiconductor solutions for managing the movement of data in data center, telecom, enterprise and embedded networking applications.

It also provides a variety of radio frequency (RF) semiconductor devices, wireless connectivity solutions and custom touch controllers for the wireless market.

Its infrastructure software segment includes its mainframe, distributed and cyber security solutions, and its fiber channel storage area networking (FC SAN) business.

The Company's mainframe software provides DevOps, AIOps, Security and Data Management Systems solutions.
AVGO_Broadcom-2022-11-14.png
AVGO_Broadcom-2022-11-14.png (10.29 KiB) Viewed 2216 times
This chart above is a long term chart for Broadcom.
AVGO_Broadcom2-2022-11-14.png
AVGO_Broadcom2-2022-11-14.png (13.93 KiB) Viewed 2216 times
This chart is from November 2021 to November 2022.

I purchased this stock today, 11/14/22 because it has a potential for a $150 per share price increase combined with a Earnings Per Share reported at $23.13 and a 3.17% dividend.

And here is some news on this stock as of 10/25/22
Broadcom Inc. (NASDAQ: AVGO) today announced its ValueOps solution, Rally Software(R) , has achieved Federal Risk and Authorization Management Program (FedRAMP) authorization for federal agencies and departments procuring cloud services. FedRAMP empowers agencies to use modern cloud technologies, with emphasis on security and protection of federal information, and helps accelerate the adoption of secure, cloud solutions. Broadcom's Rally Software was approved on September 26, 2022, while FedRAMP authorization for Clarity has been in place since 2019.

"FedRAMP creates a partnership between the federal government and industry. We are particularly proud of this authorization as it builds on our long-standing relationship with our government customers. Together, we are able to modernize government IT infrastructure while protecting federal information," said Serge Lucio, vice president and general manager, Agile Operations Division, Broadcom.

ValueOps from Broadcom Software combines the proven business-investment portfolio planning features of Clarity with the advanced enterprise agile management capabilities of Rally to provide federal agencies a secure unified cloud solution for delivering digital transformation at scale. Leveraging ValueOps allows both business and IT executives to plan budgets, execute against current initiatives, and report to Congress on the impact of their investments. ValueOps also provides enhanced decision-making and increased risk management through data, metrics, and insights from across the entire value stream.

FedRAMP is a government-wide program that promotes the adoption of secure cloud services across the federal government, by providing a standardized approach to security and risk assessment for cloud technologies and federal agencies. FedRAMP empowers agencies to use modern cloud technologies with an emphasis on security and protection of federal information. All federal agencies and departments are required to use FedRAMP authorized cloud services.

"This milestone helps agencies like ours make important technical strides and brings secure cloud solutions to the federal market," said Jamie Holcombe, CIO for the United States Patent and Trademark Office.

Broadcom to Provide Federal Agencies with a Secure, Unified Cloud Solution for Digital Transformation

Government agencies are increasingly reliant on cloud services to execute important missions in support of Federal initiatives. FedRAMP authorization ensures that the services agencies used are cost effective and focused on security and designed to protect federal information.

In a survey commissioned by Broadcom Software, business leaders identified Value Stream Management (VMS) as a preferred approach for achieving business priorities in 2022, including increased efficiency, improved product quality, and increased customer value. Gartner(R) predicts, by 2023, 70 percent of organizations will use VSM to improve flow in the DevOps pipeline, leading to faster delivery of customer value.

"Recognized as a Leader and Fast Mover in the GigaOm Radar Report for Value Stream Management, Broadcom's ValueOps approach enables government and commercial organizations to scale their efforts beyond individual teams, to provide true visibility across the organization, and to align strategy with delivery both efficiently and effectively," says Jon Collins, vice president, Research, GigaOm. "This end-to-end insight offers government agencies alignment to help them manage their digital transformation."

With the authorization of both Clarity and Rally, ValueOps from Broadcom Software can deliver federal customers the power to truly understand their investments and manage value streams that span their organization and accelerate projects, while improving quality and accountability.

More than ever, federal agencies need access to best-in-class software solutions to successfully execute their mission. Broadcom Software is committed to supporting the federal government and is proud to partner with a number of civilian and defense agencies. This certification affirms our readiness to supply leading-edge software solutions to help agencies successfully execute mission-critical initiatives.

To learn more about our FedRAMP certifications visit: FedRAMP. For more information about Broadcom Software solutions for federal agencies click here.

About Broadcom

Broadcom Inc. (NASDAQ: AVGO), a Delaware corporation headquartered in San Jose, CA, is a global technology leader that designs, develops and supplies a broad range of semiconductor and infrastructure software solutions. Broadcom's category-leading product portfolio serves critical markets including data center, networking, enterprise software, broadband, wireless, storage and industrial. Our solutions include data center networking and storage, enterprise, mainframe and cyber security software focused on automation, monitoring and security, smartphone components, telecoms and factory automation. For more information, go to https://www.broadcom.com.

Broadcom, the pulse logo, and Connecting everything are among the trademarks of Broadcom. The term "Broadcom" refers to Broadcom Inc., and/or its subsidiaries. Other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.

Gartner, "Market Guide for Value Stream Management Platforms," Hassan Ennaciri, Thomas Murphy, Joachim Herschmann, Manjunath Bhat, Daniel Betts, Chris Saunderson, November 10, 2021.

Gartner is a registered trademark and service mark of Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates in the U.S. and internationally and is used herein with permission. All rights reserved

Gartner Disclaimer: Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product or service depicted in our research publications, and does not advise technology users to select only those vendors with the highest ratings or other designation. Gartner research publications consist of the opinions of Gartner's research organization and should not be construed as statements of fact. Gartner disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
FTW
Site Admin

Re: AVGO BroadCom

Post by FTW »

PLACED TRAILING LOSS ORDER
Today, Tuesday, 11/14/22, one week and one day since I purchased Broadcom, it was up a total of 1.38% since I bought it.

I could have sold it today, but I was out of town and was not able to watch the market prices all day.

So, now that I am back in town, I have two choices. I can either place a "trailing stop" order or I can wait until tomorrow and see what is going to happen.

Since tomorrow is the day before Thanksgiving, I do NOT expect a high volume of trades to take place on the markets, so I am going to place an "after Hours" order for a stop loss order.

Now, I could also wait until Friday or even next week or next month. However I am a "trader. And as such, if I can make a 1% profit in one week, and only have to pay from 1 to 3 cents in FINRA fees, I am willing to take those profits.

1% may not seem like much to some people, but even with the high rate of interest that bonds and banks are paying and the current inflation rate of 8% or more, per year, compared to 1% in a week, I will take the 1% per week, or 52% per year, anytime.

The other aspect is the time of the year we are dealing with.
Over the holiday season AND the end of the year, many investors will sell of part of their stocks and take their profits. And that includes me. I would much rather take a small profit, then to let it sit and have to take a chance that I may have to wait until the first of January to collect a better profit.

That is where the "trailing stop order" comes in. If the stock continues to go up, I will continue to own it, however if it drops in price, it will automatically sell and I will still get at least a 1% profit.

I might also add that since today was an UP day on the market, I have quite a few other stocks that are UP with a larger percentage then Broadcom is, however they are lower priced stocks.

That makes a difference because 1% of a $1,000 stock is $10 per share.
!% of a $500 stock is $5.00 per share.
so if I can make $5 or $10 per share on X number of shares within a week, I am happy with that 1% profit.

On the flip side, if a have a $100 stock that is up 1%, that is only up $1 per share and even if I own 50 Shares, that may come to a total of $50 profit, but placing a Trailing stop order would not make much sense, because to put a trailing stop on a $1 profit, you would have to offer to sell it if the price dropped by 25 Cents or 50 cents and the odds of a stock going up very much before dropping such a small amount per share is very slim. And to me, you might as well just sell it outright for what ever profit you have, instead of placing a Trailing Stop and loosing some of your profit.

But, that is just my way of investing. Everyone needs to come up with their own technique. of what ever they are comfortable with.
FTW
Site Admin

Re: BOUGHT AVGO BroadCom

Post by FTW »

BROADCOM SOLD

My BroadCom Stock was sold on Wednesday, 11/23/22, a total of 9 calendar days or 7 market days after I purchased it.
AVGO-2022-11-25-30day.png
AVGO-2022-11-25-30day.png (31.4 KiB) Viewed 2182 times
Image above is a 30 day chart of BroadCom (AVGO) stock price, ending Nov 23, the day I sold it.
AVGO-2022-11-25-2day.png
AVGO-2022-11-25-2day.png (25.8 KiB) Viewed 2182 times
The chart above displays the stock price of AVGO on November 23, when and why it sold due via the trailing loss that I had placed on it.

Now, on November 25, 2022, the day AFTER Thanksgiving, I will watch it closely and if it goes down in price more, I may buy it back today.
FTW
Site Admin

Re: AVGO BroadCom

Post by FTW »

On 12/12/22 I bought Broadcom Stock again.
Then on 12/14, I sold it again.

It had dipped after I sold it on 11/25/22 and was on it's way back up, so I bought it again.
AVGO-2022-12-27.png
AVGO-2022-12-27.png (35.87 KiB) Viewed 2121 times
This is what I call riding the wave. If I believe in a stock, I sell it when the price is up and buy it back when the price goes down and is ready to move back up.

As soon as it starts to go up again, I will buy it back.