Part of the reason I purchased this stock today is because there are many news reports suggesting that 2023 and 2024 may not show a great amount of growth in the stock market. Therefore I am looking for "some" stocks involved in staples, as in products or services that people NEED and will pay for, even in hard times financially.
Health insurance is one product that most mature adults need.
They have an Earnings Per Share of $20.42 and pay a dividend of $1.65 per share each quarter.
United Health Group Incorporated is a diversified health care company based in Hopkins, MN, that operates Optum and United Healthcare platforms.
The Company’s segments include Optum Health, Optum Insight, Optum Rx and United Healthcare.
Optum Health provides health and wellness care, addressing the physical, emotional and health-related financial needs.
- Optum Health, through its national health care delivery platform, engages people in care settings, including clinical sites, in-home and virtual.
- Optum Insight serves the needs of health systems, such as physicians and hospital systems, health plans, state governments and life sciences companies.
United Healthcare segment includes
- Optum Rx provides a range of pharmacy care services through retail pharmacies, specialty and community health pharmacies and provides in-home and community-based infusion services.
- United Healthcare Employer & Individual,
- United Healthcare Medicare & Retirement,
- United Healthcare Community & State and
The image above is a 10 years chart showing the share price of UNH
- United Healthcare Global.
This image above displays a 90 day share price of United Health
This last chart displayed above shows the UNH share price for the last 30 days.
As with all information I post on here, please do your own due diligence and research.