Activision Blizzard (ATVI)

A place to share investment information.
FTW
Site Admin

Activision Blizzard (ATVI)

Post by FTW »

This morning, Tuesday, 11/29/22 a couple of hours before the market opened, I purchased shares of Activision Blizzard (ATVI).

I have bought and sold this stock in the past and while the chart is not as good as some of the other stocks that I normally trade, it still intrigues me.

It has an Earnings Per Share of $2.13, plus it pays a dividend of .63% of the current share price. Another attractive point is that the share price is not as high as many of the other stocks I normally purchase, so at the current price below $75.00 per share, it is more affordable for some of the investors that are just starting to get their feet wet in the market.

I also see a long term future for this stock since it is involved in the gaming industry.

Part of the reason I purchased this stock today, is a result of the early morning news stating,
Activision Blizzard Was Raised to Buy From Hold by Truist Securities
Activision Blizzard Was Raised to Overweight From Equal-Weight by Morgan Stanley
Activision Blizzard Was Raised to Overweight From Equal-Weight by Wells Fargo
Activision Blizzard, Inc. is an American company based out of Santa Monica, CA. As a developer and publisher of interactive entertainment content and services. it develops and distributes content and services on video game consoles, personal computers, and mobile devices.

It also operates e-sports leagues and offers digital advertising within some of its content.
Activision Blizzard, Inc. segments include Activision Publishing, Inc. (Activision), Blizzard Entertainment, Inc. (Blizzard), King Digital Entertainment (King).

Activision delivers content through both premium and free-to-play offerings.

It also includes the activities of the Call of Duty League, a global professional esports league with city-based teams.

Activision Blizzard develops and publishes entertainment software for creating games.

It maintains an online gaming service, Blizzard Battle.net, which facilitates the digital distribution of Blizzard content and selected Activision content.

King delivers content on the mobile platform. Kings’ product franchise is Candy Crush, a match three franchise.
ATVI-24yr-2022-11-29.png
ATVI-24yr-2022-11-29.png (10.95 KiB) Viewed 1671 times
This is a 24 year chart of the Activision share price.
ATVI-12mo-2022-11-29.png
ATVI-12mo-2022-11-29.png (11.35 KiB) Viewed 1671 times
Above is a 12 month chart of the ATVI share price.

ATVI-30day-2022-11-29.png
ATVI-30day-2022-11-29.png (11.44 KiB) Viewed 1671 times
The image above is a 30 day chart of the Activision share price.

As with any purchases you make, I strongly suggest you conduct your own research and pay attention to the timing of when you purchase any stock, IF you plan on trading it instead of simply buying it for the long term.
FTW
Site Admin

Re: Activision Blizzard (ATVI)

Post by FTW »

Emergency SELL

Today, about an hour before the market closed, it was announced on the business news that the Fed Govt BLOCKED a deal where Microsoft was supposed to buy Activision Blizzard.

I don't know all of the details YET< however I was able to get in an sell my shares before I lost all of my profits.

I will watch the news and share prices overnight and decide if I will buy this stock back after the dust settles or not.
Federal regulators are seeking to block Microsoft's proposed purchase of video game powerhouse Activision Blizzard, the Federal Trade Commission said Thursday. The $69 billion deal — the largest ever for Microsoft and for the gaming industry as a whole — would undermine competition for the software giant's Xbox gaming console, the agency said.

"Microsoft has already shown that it can and will withhold content from its gaming rivals," Holly Vedova, director of the FTC's Bureau of Competition, said in a statement.

The FTC cited Microsoft's recent purchase of ZeniMax, parent company of software developer Bethesda Softworks, after which Microsoft decided to make several Bethesda titles, including Starfield and Redfall, exclusive to its consoles.

The FTC voted 3-1 to file a lawsuit to stop the deal, with the three Democratic commissioners voting in favor and the sole Republican voting against. A fifth seat on the panel is vacant after another Republican left earlier this year.

The FTC noted that Activision, maker of bestselling games such as Call of Duty and World of Warcraft, was among "a very small number of top video game developers" that publish titles for multiple devices, including consoles, PCs and mobile. Globally, some 154 million people play the company's games every month, the FTC said.