Microchip Technology (MCHP)

A place to share investment information.
FTW
Site Admin

Microchip Technology (MCHP)

Post by FTW »

On 11/25/22 shares of Microchip Technology Inc. (MCHP) that I have been holding for a while, sold because of a "trailing loss" that I had placed on them. I have every intention of buying them back again, as soon as I can get them at a good price.

They have an EPS of $3.27 per share and paying a small dividend of $.328 per share, each quarter.

Microchip Technology, INC has a portfolio that is a combination of hardware, software and services. The entire "service" industry is growing in popularity for investors due to the repeat income generated. So, to me this stock is one of my favorite computer chip companies.

They are based out of Chandler, AZ and it serves customers across the industrial, automotive, consumer, aerospace, defense, communications, and computing markets.
Its synergistic product portfolio empowers disruptive growth trends, including fifth generation, data centers, artificial intelligence and machine learning, Internet of things and edge computing, advanced driver assist systems and autonomous driving, and electric vehicles.

It operates through two segments

In the semiconductor products segment, the Company designs, develops, manufactures and markets microcontrollers, development tools and analog, interface, mixed-signal, timing, wired and wireless connectivity devices, and memory products.

The technology licensing segment includes sales and licensing of the Company's intellectual property.
MCHP-10yr-Screenshot 2022-11-27.png
MCHP-10yr-Screenshot 2022-11-27.png (10.8 KiB) Viewed 4277 times
This chart above displays a 10 year history of the MCHP stock price.
MCHP-12month-Screenshot 2022-11-27.png
MCHP-12month-Screenshot 2022-11-27.png (15.34 KiB) Viewed 4277 times
This chart displays a 12 month stock price of MCHP. As you can see they had a bit of a rough middle of the year as many stocks did, especially the tech stocks. However they are coming back up much better then some of their competitors.