AMD Stocks

A place to share investment information.
FTW
Site Admin

AMD Stocks

Post by FTW »

AMD BOUGHT

On 11/17/22 I purchased AMD stocks.
Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. is a global semiconductor company.

Its segments include Computing and Graphics, and Enterprise, Embedded and Semi-Custom.

The Computing and Graphics segment primarily includes desktop and notebook microprocessors, accelerated processing units that integrate microprocessors and graphics, chipsets, discrete graphics processing units (GPUs), data center and professional GPUs, and development services.

It may also sell or license portions of its intellectual property (IP) portfolio.

The Enterprise, Embedded and Semi-Custom segment primarily includes server and embedded processors, semi-custom system-on-chip (SoC) products, development services, and technology for game consoles, and it may also sell or license portions of its IP portfolio.

Its microprocessor customers consist primarily of original equipment manufacturers (OEMs), large public cloud service providers, original design manufacturers (ODMs), system integrators, and independent distributors.
I already bought INTEL chips within the last few days. AMD is the other large Computer Processor chipmaker from the USA.

It does NOT pay a dividend, however it EPS, "Earnings Per Share) is $1.66
AMD-10yr-2022-11-17.png
AMD-10yr-2022-11-17.png (10.55 KiB) Viewed 1671 times
Above is a 10 year chart of AMD stock pricing.
AMD-90day-2022-11-17.png
AMD-90day-2022-11-17.png (8.34 KiB) Viewed 1671 times
Above is a 90 day stock price of AMD
AMD-30day-2022-11-17.png
AMD-30day-2022-11-17.png (10.18 KiB) Viewed 1671 times
This chart above is a 30 day chart, showing the upswing of todays AMD pricing.

Due to the fact that I have the chance to double my money on this stock, IF I want to hold it long enough, I figured this would with worth buying at this time. But, as always, everyone should do their own investigation and research.
FTW
Site Admin

Re: AMD Stocks

Post by FTW »

AMD SOLD

On Wednesday 11/23/22, the day before Thanksgiving, my shares of AMD stock sold via a "trailing loss" order that I had in place.

That allowed me to take my profits from the stock,
I owned this stock for 6 calendar days, or 4 business days. I made my profit and sold it. That is not a bad turn over in 4 days of holding a stock.

Due to the trend of all stocks over the holiday week and especially the uncertain trend of computer chips, I might wait a few days or even weeks before I buy this stock again. But, all that depends on the price of this stock as well as what other stocks seem to be ripe for the buying.
AMD-2022-11-25-5day.png
AMD-2022-11-25-5day.png (35.88 KiB) Viewed 1655 times
This chart shows the stock price of AMD for the 5 day period ending 11/23/22.

Since ihis is a "lower price stock" compared to some of the stocks I buy in the $500 to $1,000 per share stocks, I was able to purchase more shares of this stock then I could the more pricey ones, therefore I did not have to make as much profit per share, as I do on higher valued stocks.