As such, I just purchased it again today, November 15, 2022.
Packaging Corporation of America is a producer of containerboard products and uncoated freesheet (UFS) paper in North America.
The Company's segments include Packaging, Paper, and Corporate and Other. Its Packaging segment produces a variety of containerboard and corrugated packaging products.
The Paper segment manufactures and sells a range of communication-based papers. It operates approximately eight mills and 90 corrugated products plants and related facilities.
Its containerboard mills produce linerboard and corrugating medium, which are papers primarily used in the production of corrugated products.
Its corrugated products manufacturing plants produce a variety of corrugated packaging products, including conventional shipping containers used to protect and transport manufactured goods, multi-color boxes and displays with visual appeal, and honeycomb protective packaging.
In addition, it is also a producer of packaging for meat, fruit and vegetables, and other consumer products.
- One of the reasons I purchase this stock is because "shopping" has changed in this country as well as across the world, and a major part of that change is business are having products shipped directly to the customers home or to the store, just for a customer to pick up, instead of having to store excessive merchandise for long periods of time in a retail setting. Now, with all of this shipping, there is a big demand for boxes and other types of shipping materials.
- PKG currently pays a 3.85% dividend per share.
- PKG Currently has a Earnings Per Share of $10.98
- PKG has a great 20 year history of growth. See chart above.
- PKG is currently on an upswing, but still has around $15.00 per share growth potential in order to hit it's 90 day high. See chart above.
- PKG still has a $35+ potential growth per share before hitting it's 12 month high. See Chart Above.