FORT WORTH CHAPTER

Panheadbob62

FORT WORTH CHAPTER

Post by Panheadbob62 »

We have 7 members to begin the new chapter in Fort Worth Texas.

I need to get everyone rounded up so that we all can sit down and get things straight, this will happen some time near the end of October and before the Rally in Galveston as William and his wife are on a 3 state tour right now and wont be available for a bit still.

Okie Dokie everyone, thanx.
FTW
Site Admin

Re: FORT WORTH CHAPTER

Post by FTW »

Thank you for the GREAT news.

So, I will be looking forward to meeting you in Galveston.

I will also pass that info along to our National VP, so he can be there also.

BTW, I am currently working on trying to get a chapter in Oklahoma City started also. Plus we are still hoping to get some people from Houston and San Antonio to show up in Galveston.

Thanks again.
I knew my faith in your was justified.
FTW
Panheadbob62

Post by Panheadbob62 »

Thanx, took a little but seems to be working out.

Yes, Galveston, I will need directions to where y'all are at, William and I are planning on leaving here around the 2nd, gonna take the bikers way down there maybe camp out the night before heading in.

Yes, I have read about Oklahoma wanting to get going, sounds great. Those from down there ought not have an issue with Galveston as it so close however, those asking about the deal this week end is quite the ride for one day.

Glad I could be of service.

Aside from all that, I am not going to have elections this time around as we are ALL new and I don't rightly know who is willing or can do what yet. That will take some time, so right now, I am Pres. and Laura will be Sec. the other offices are up for grabs and once we get everyone in the same room, we can hash that out.

I wanna let this new chapter get used to being visible here in Texas first so I can feel everyone out so far as their ability to commit as, thus far, I don't see a LOT of eagerness to jump in and help as I talk to folks and don't get any response, one BIG thing that will be addressed on first meeting. Plus, I know my way around up here, who to talk to about whatever may be a problem and the like. Hopefully, within a years time, everything will gel and then we can hold an election, time will tell.
FTW
Site Admin

Post by FTW »

Thank you for responding.

I can handle the chapter not having elections right away, as long as you have a president and secretary that communicate with National.

Once you meet us in Galveston, you will get a chance to meet our VP. He has been with us for over 10 years and has started at least 5 chapters in his state. He lives in Georgia and travels to a lot of rallies in GA & FL, plus he has made multiple trips to my home. I have also made multiple trips to his area and to various rallies down south where we camp out together.

He does not spend a lot of time on a computer but he is always available via telephone.

BTW, I will be setting up a new section on our primary website, called "Just My Thoughts" where I will be posting goals for OBRC and Legacies, so that once I am no longer available, others will hopefully be willing to carry on with my initial goals for this organization, plus new members will get some insight as to who we are and where we are trying to go.

It won't be an everyday thing, but as I communicate with others and answer questions, I will also use that area as a teaching aid for visitors and new chapters.

Thanks for everything down there.

On another note, you can expect to see an announcement soon about us opening our first chapter in Tennessee. It will be located in Nashville and the person handling it has been with us for at least 8 years and moved there from one of our Georgia chapters.
Panheadbob62

Post by Panheadbob62 »

Cool, look forward to it, still not sure how many can make it but, we will see.

Looking forward to reading it, good to have an idea of where it is all at and which direction it is going. Speaking of Tennessee does anyone there have my phone number?
FTW
Site Admin

Post by FTW »

Are you wanting people from Tennessee to have your phone number or people from National to have your phone number?

Also, just to give you a heads up, I plan on fading into the background very soon.

I tried to retire as National President several years ago, but things started to fall apart without me leading them. So a stepped back in.

Now, I am gradually working my way back out of the limelight and turning over various duties to others. So you will not see me here on this forum as often.

In addition to seeing other names responding to the web work and social media, you can also expect to hear a new name for our National Leader.

I am doing this for multiple reasons,
But the primary reason is that my name is too well known all over this country, by Law Enforcement and other clubs. And I don't want my past to interfere with the future of this club or Legacies.

The other reason is that I can make enemies real easy. Simply because I stand up for what I believe in and what I want. That pisses some people off and while I am willing to kick some members out of the club or prevent them from joining, if it will protect the masses, that policy will piss some people off and while I don't mind if they try to hurt me, I don't want people to attempt to hurt the club just to get even with me.

Not saying that will happen. Just saying I have been around enough to see it happen in the past and have spent time in jail multiple times, simply because people got pissed at me and tried to hurt me by making up stories about crimes that I didn't commit.

Anyway, I will still communicate with you and a few others, but as far as the masses are concerned, I am about ready to put this user name into the shadows.

Thanks for everything and I am looking forward to seeing you and spending some long hours talking around a campsite.
Panheadbob62

Post by Panheadbob62 »

NO, I don't want anyone to have my number unless necessary !!

I asked that because some one called me, out of the blue, from Tennessee yesterday so was wonderin'. Well, ya gotta do what ya gotta and only you know that for sure.

LOL, yeah, a LOT of folks don't care much for me either as I speak my mind, do what I feel is right, it does get 'em bent outta shape some.
FTW
Site Admin

Post by FTW »

I understand not wanting your personal phone number/name or address in the public.

The call from TN, that wasn't from OBRC was it? Cause I don't know of anyone in the club that has access to your number, not even the National VP or National Secretary.

But then again, with the Internet, anyone can get your name off Facebook and research it, to get your phone number, address, criminal records, etc.

That is another reason I don't use my real name.

On another note, since I will be stopping in Fort Worth before heading south, if you need me to haul anything, like a cot, extra sleeping bag, chairs, food, extra gun, food, drinks, etc. let me know.

Also if you don't have access to a cot, chairs or tent, I have extra I can pack from home. Just let me know what you want or need.

Thanks
Panheadbob62

Post by Panheadbob62 »

No, I think it might have been a coincidence it was just that I was reading about Tennessee and thought...hm...! But they didn't leave any message so.

Yeah, that is true but I've only had this new number a short time but, whatever.

No, I don't pack heavy and , really, don't have much else so far as camping goes to bring and I usually stop somewhere close to pick up any drinks or beer or what not. Camp fire goes good with a cold beer I have to say even though my taste for beer is wanning these days and I only drink beer because I like the way it tastes I don't care much for getting drunk these days, not fun.
FTW
Site Admin

Post by FTW »

OK,
Thanks for the reply.

As far as any camping gear goes, I have plenty of gear left over from past years. Used to always carry an extra tent, chairs and cots, even in the trailer that I used to pull behind the bike. Just to help out club members on two wheels that didn't have a trailer behind them.

It evolved mostly because of my wife having a stroke and not being able to get dressed unless she had something solid to sit on, instead of the ground.

Also, she has a real hard time getting out of a sleeping bag and standing up, with only one hand and one leg. SO I became a softy and bought a double thick air mattress for her. Then she fell out of bed and got caught between the air mattress. She ended up having to wake me up to help get her back into the bed.

The things we do for women!!! LOL

Bus she is the first woman I ever found that has been able to put up with me, so now I have come to depend on her as much as she depends on me. I guess it is old age.

Anyway, we finally started hauling the bike on "some" of the extra long trips. SO now we have more room to pack stuff for others. And since I believe in so many of the old ways of helping other bikers, I always try to carry extra stuff to help out club members. So... never be afraid to ask. I am always available to haul a little extra cargo and have plenty of camping gear that we don't use anymore.
Panheadbob62

Post by Panheadbob62 »

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA, I hear ya !

Some times it gets comfortable and ya just don't want to lose that especially when yer old.

That's cool, since ya got the room, helps a lot of folks out and that's a good thing I think. Speakin of which, I thought about it and if ya could bring an extra tent that might be wise as I don't know the terrain of the park, there may NOT be anything to attach my hammock to so may come in handy, if ya don't mine.

I grew up taking care of myself, if I didn't have something, well, I got cold or went hungry or sat there until it was fixed up best it could be. Was told that if ya can't afford it, ya don't need it, thus I have no credit and don't want any as I see what it does to most everyone. I'm always good, only thing that can happen is I die and , now a days, don't sound too bad to me.

Thanx again.
FTW
Site Admin

Post by FTW »

I will bring an extra tent, cot and chair for you. How about a lantern or a small battery operated light for inside the tent?

We will also have a coffee pot, small grill and some electric lights for outside.

Ghost,(our VP) and some of his crew, is suppose to bring a big tent also, but he will be dry camping without any electricity.
Panheadbob62

Post by Panheadbob62 »

No need for any light, all good there, but coffee pot is a must !!

Thanx
FTW
Site Admin

Post by FTW »

Coffee Pot will be there,

I started drinking coffee as a teenager when I got thrown in jail and the only thing they offered for breakfast was a cup of black coffee and on old hard donut.

At lunch, they gave me to slices of bread with no butter, mayo or anything else on them, except a slice of cheese and a cup of black coffee.

At supper, I got two slices of bread, with nothing on them, except a slice of bologna and a cup of black coffee.

As an adult I would go through 2 pots of coffee or fill my big Stanley thermos two to three times a day, for about 60 years.

Then my kidney doctor told me NO MORE coffee.

So, now, I normally have one or two cups per month, except when I am camping at a rally. Then I may have one or two cups per morning.
Panheadbob62

Post by Panheadbob62 »

Awwwwww, jailhouse cuisine how wonderful, so ya didn't even get mold on yer bologna ? the nerve of 'em !!

I still, to this day, hate Cheese sandwiches. and Rice ! I think I was about 17 or 18 when I started drinking coffee. Out ridin around all hours of the night, stoppin at Sambo's or Alphie's to sit and drink coffee for hours till the sun came up then off to work, repeat, throw up and carry on!

Fuckin Doctors, always full of bad news, that's why I don't go to 'em. What I don't know wont hurt me right now. Wrecked out on Hwy 377 going to a party. Flipped the bike a few times, kinded sitting up and saw my pocket watch come sliding up to me, opened and I thought,

"Look at the time!"

then the blood started flowing and some lady kept trying to make me lay down I was hurt. I said,

"Yeah, I can feel that but the blood stings my eyes."

Ambulance came and they asked me where I wanted to go as I was at a halfway point, told 'em I didn't care then they said the Troopers were on the way so I said which ever way you're headin that's where we goin !!

Got to Fort Worth and everyone that came to touch me I told 'em,

"I ain't payin you anything."

LOL, I wasn't a good patient, except when I had the Aneurism, course I was out for 3 weeks so, couldn't be too much a pain in their ass.
FTW
Site Admin

Post by FTW »

Yah, I never went to doctors when I was younger, except for my annual physical required to drive a semi-truck and when I needed blacktop scrubbed off my body due to road rash, got shot or stabbed.

But once I was in my 50's or 60's, my body started to fall apart and let me know I has abused it for too many years. I started getting cortisone shots for my knee and hip joints, so I could get my leg over the bike. From that point on, it just went downhill.

I actually have a "Do Not Resuscitate" tat on my chest. Well, actually it says "Do Not Resuscitate...... Unless you are a nude female with firm boobies. And when I had my heart attack and they had to fly me by a helicopter to a major heart hospital, they said I died multiple times on the table and they kept bringing me back.

After hearing that, I was initially upset with the Offices on my wing that used CPR to get my heart beating again, because what better time to leave this earth then when you are leaving a motorcycle rally where you were surrounded by bikes, booze and nude babes.

It wasn't until later that I was able to get my granddaughter to move in next door to me, so that I could establish a relationship with her, that I decided I still had a reason to go on living. So, here I am now spending my time trying to help her get past the things she learned from her parents, as well as trying to build up OBRC, Legacies and a couple of other organizations, so they will survive long after I am gone.

SO, I guess life goes on as long as we still have a purpose on this earth and things we need to accomplish.
Panheadbob62

Post by Panheadbob62 »

Had a good ride Saturday, put about a little over 200 miles in the books but had fun. 2 new members comin our way just gotta get the paper work going.
FTW
Site Admin

Re: FORT WORTH CHAPTER & our Future

Post by FTW »

Thank you for the update.
I need to sincerely apologize for being absent recently. However I seem like the most important "fires" involving one of my other organizations have been put on hold for about a year, thanks to a Moratorium I convinced a couple of our county commissioners to pass. I will still have to attend and record various meetings on a regular basis in order to stay on top of things and make sure no one tries to sneak any unwanted policies in. But anyway, I plan on dedicating more time to OBRC now.

Along those lines, I have various bits of news to share. I am attaching an image that members from the UK want to use on their shirts. This will NOT be their backpatch and it has not formally been approved for the shirts yet, so we need to get more info on how they will be using it. But thought I would share it with you. Also, our main guy in the UK is a Rolling Thunder District Officer, so he has lots of contacts.
uk_logo.jpg
uk_logo.jpg (213.35 KiB) Viewed 5161 times
The other thing I want to share is a "rough draft" of an article I will be sharing with our VP over the next few days. His wife is ready to retire and I am trying to talk them into moving onto our property along with his son and granddaughter. His son has been a member for about 10 years and is a Regional Officer that has attended many of our National Rallies over the last few years.

So I "may" be building two new houses on this property this year, so that I can train them to take over for me.

Part of what brought this on is the fact that I dripped my bike TWICE in March while I was in TN. And my wife was on the back of the bike both times.

Neither one of us was hurt, but I ended up putting my wife behind someone else and rode solo the rest of the time while I was there.

So, I am planning on getting a trike, but I also have to face the fact that I am getting older and need to make sure someone, as in multiple people are trained to run these organizations once I am no longer available.

So, here is a "ROUGH" draft of what I am proposing for the future.

**************************************************************************************************************************

I need help that I can count on, as in volunteers to assist with the following aspects.
• Someone to protect and care for Ruthann, after I am gone.

• Someone to maintain and preserve original papers, photos, and other items that have been entrusted to the Legacies Project.

• Someone to maintain Legacies, OBRC and Anti Solar Websites.

• Someone that will help maintain the land, buildings and equipment owned by the Legacies Project, without having to drain all of the Legacies cash reserve.

1. I WANT and NEED someone, preferable a complete FAMILY, living on this land, that cares about me, Ruthann, Legacies & OBRC.
• In addition to that, I “want” a couple that is retired, so they have the time to enjoy life as well as devote a certain amount of time to helping run Legacies and OBRC, plus due to their advanced age, they can relate to the importance of maintaining certain information for future generations.

• I want Legacies to be able to offer homes, not just houses, to FAMILIES, that will be donating a portion of their time, to running Legacies and OBRC as well as training future leaders to take over, when they are gone.

◦ Families that are staying in home provided by the Legacies Project, will be able to live there rent free, while contributing to the Legacies Project.

▪ The Legacies Project will cover all costs regarding Property Taxes and home owners insurance.

▪ Volunteers living in a home owned by the Legacies Project shall be required to pay “renters” insurance on any personal belongings within the home they are residing in as well as all utility bills.

▪ Volunteers living in properties owned by the Legacies Project will also be required to maintain the grounds, ie. flower beds and yard, directly around the perimeter of their residence.

▪ The legacies project shall be responsible for maintaining the property taxes, mail boxes, driveways, water lines, septic systems and building maintenance.
2. My personal Legacies will be my blood line, as in my granddaughter, the Legacies-Project and OBRC. I want all three of them protected and preserved for a long long time after I am gone.
• I don’t care about having my name preserved, but it is vitally important to preserve the stories, notes, photographs and other artifacts the Legacies Project has been entrusted with over the years. Most of these items are currently stored in fireproof safes and file cabinets, as such it is important they continue to be preserved in this same manner.

3. I am currently in the process of paving the way for the Legacies Project to become a Federally and Internationally recognized Non-Profit Organization that will be able to accept donations from others. Along those lines, I can see the potential for individuals to include the Legacies Project in their will, and leave money and/or property to us, when they pass away.

4. I am a firm believer in investing money instead of spending it.

• In order to accomplish my goals, I am willing to invest the money needed to have professional bookkeepers and attorneys take care of all the legal paperwork required.

◦ Some of that has already been started and will be accomplished within days and weeks, while other aspects such as being listed with the Federal Govt. as a 501 non-profit corporation could take up to a year.

5. I believe Legacies, OBRC and Anti Solar-Wind Organizations should be run by non-paid volunteers. The reason behind that belief is that if someone is performing an act out of love instead of money, they will try harder and stick with a project much longer.

6. I also believe that faithful service, friendship and loyalty should be rewarded.
• Awards and gifts can be treasured and become visual reminders of achievements, as opposed to cash that will simply be used up, spent and forgotten.

7. I would like to have the following guidelines passed and writing into the corporate bylaws.
• As funds become available, through donations, including my own donations and OBRC fund raisers, I would like the Legacies Project to invest in:

◦ RV Parking Spaces and Used RV’s that can be used to house “temporary” volunteers that will be staying on the Legacies Property for extended training lessons.

◦ Building Materials needed for New Homes that can house long term volunteers.

◦ Land purchases adjoining or near the Legacies existing land, that can be used for additional housing, a “historical Library & museum,” as well as other buildings as needed and approved by the board of directors.

◦ Equipment that can be used to shorten the amount of time required to maintain the grounds and/or grow our own food for the residents living on the property.

◦ Tools and/or equipment that can be used in:
▪ The construction and/or maintenance of new homes.

▪ Creating merchandise that can be sold to raise money for the Legacies Projects such as:

• A printing press,

• Canned or dried foods,

• Shirts, caps and other merchandise displaying the names of The Legacies Project, OBRC or any organizations created under the Legacies Project umbrella, etc.

• Any other items that will fit in with the concept of the Legacies Project and preserving the history of families, historical lifestyles, communities, and products, as long at it is approved by the Board of Directors and enough spare cash is available to cover the investment, without taking money from any Government or other organizations.

8. Compensation for labor.
• Considering the Biker motto of Brotherhood, I feel that whenever the Legacies Project needs to hire someone to help maintain the grounds, buildings, or equipment, the first priority as to who should be hired, need to go to:

◦ Volunteers that live on the Legacies Properties, and are contributing to Legacies and/or OBRC, as long as they have the qualified training to perform the job OR are working with another volunteer that has such training or experience.

◦ If there are no local Legacies/OBRC volunteers available, that are willing and qualified, the jobs should go to any LOCAL person or company that has been pre-qualified and has a good reputation or history of serving FTW or the Legacies Project in the past.

◦ If and when Legacies is ready to build any new buildings, either for residential use or to house any commercial endeaver, the first choice as to who gets hired, should be Legacies/OBRC volunteers or members.

In closing. I also wanted to share some other news. In order to assist one of my other organizations, I set up a "SQUARE" account that individuals can use to make "Donations." This can be used as an alternative to PayPal and it also contains a "QR" code that people can use with a cell phone.

I have already set it up on one website and will try to get it set up on the OBRC site next week, in time for the Texas Shirts.

I am also in the process of ordering some NEW 3 inch patches that can go on the front of the vests. I sill have some of the old ones available that members can use if they want to. I am attaching an image of the old patch if anyone wants them. The cost is $5.00 per patch and I will cover the shipping to you in quantities of 5 or 10 patches at a time. Since these patches were made over 10 years ago, I am sure the new ones will cost us more, but don't have a full price on them yet. Also, these patches can be placed on shirts or hats, not just vests. I don't have a total count at my fingertips as to how many I have, but I can let you know on Facebook.
Sample-2a2.gif
Sample-2a2.gif (57.1 KiB) Viewed 5161 times
Panheadbob62

Post by Panheadbob62 »

Patch for the UK looks good !

Got back from my ride to Colorado, Texas heat/humidity got to me around Jolly Texas so had to have my brother come pick me up, I was in pretty bad shape.

Just gotta remember I ain't a youngun no more.
FTW
Site Admin

Post by FTW »

I hear you on the "not so young anymore"

The only enemy we can not beat, it age. It creeps up on us, a day at a time.

I am glad that you had a brother that was available and cared enough to come get you.

Take care of yourself, for your family, friends and us.

There are so many people that care about you and even some that need you to stick around.

FTW