Houston Texas Chapter of Older Bikers RC

FTW
Site Admin

Houston Texas Chapter of Older Bikers RC

Post by FTW »

We currently have individuals working on creating a NEW chapter in near Houston, Texas

If you would be interested in helping them create it or joining this chapter, please register as a member of this forum so that you can email me or contact us on our facebook group at https://www.facebook.com/groups/olderbikers or send a Facebook private message to: https://www.facebook.com/older.bikers.7
Blade70

Re: Houston Texas Chapter of Older Bikers RC

Post by Blade70 »

Hi I'm am David Hale in Houston Texas. If anyone wants to help me with getting the future Houston Texas Chapter up and running.. Hit me up on Facebook. And we can set up to meet.
FTW
Site Admin

Post by FTW »

Hi David,

Thanks for posting and I am glad to see you here.
I have set you up with the correct security so that you can view a new forum just for individuals trying to start new chapters.

It is in the "Locations" forum and is called "Pre-Chapter info"
It will be watched by National Officers, so that we can advise you and answer any questions that may arise.

There is also another new forum just for documents, that will have copies of applications, bylaws, and other docs that are tools to help educate and inform you.

From the looks of things you should be ready to have me come down there real soon and attend a meeting where I can officially sanction your chapter. I am looking forward to it.

FTW
Panheadbob62

Post by Panheadbob62 »

Hey, David, Panhead Bob here in Fort Worth. If there is anything I can help ya with lemme know and I'll try, I ain't know wiz or anything but I do get lucky from time to time.
Blade70

Post by Blade70 »

Thks Pan Head. I look forward to meeting up with you one day. I'll keep you in mind .
FTW
Site Admin

Post by FTW »

We now have enough members to start a Houston Chapter. So, all that remains is having everyone meet at the same time and elect officers, even on a temp basis, say for 90 to 180 days.

As soon as Randall has a meeting place set up, it will be posted here.

I am also recommending that DUK be put in as some type of officer if he wants to run for it. This is because he had been faithful for a very long time, all alone, patiently waiting for someone to step up and get this chapter formed.

He also is faithful at posting messages on our social media pages and we need members that communicate with National as well as the general public and other members, regardless of what chapter, state or country they are in.
FTW
Site Admin

Post by FTW »

It looks like with warmer weather in Texas, we are gathering more attention from the Houston area as well as parts East and South of Houston. As such, if anyone from as far East as Beaumont, or as far South as Galveston is interested in joining the Houston Chapter temporarily, until we get enough members in your home town area to start a NEW chapter closer to your location, please let us know.
Texball48

Post by Texball48 »

I'm in Beaumont and I hold an interest in starting a Beaumont chapter if none exists. The national office stated that you would forward info to me . Thanks
T.L.
Harlady

Post by Harlady »

Hi Texball. Glad to see you an the forum! Just wanted to let you know that the webmaster will be in responding in the morning. Thanks for your response and the help around Beaumont.
LesGray

Post by LesGray »

Texball48, I’m near Beaumont as well and looking to recruit others to start a Beaumont chapter. Text me anytime at 409-289-6639

Les Gray
FTW
Site Admin

Post by FTW »

Hi,
Sorry for the delay, I was at a National Officers Meeting and we did not have any internet or cell phone service.

Anyway, thank you for posting here.

I have not heard from Randall lately, so has he ever gotten in touch with you to present you with a backpatch?

I also hope to find out within the next day or two, how soon we will have Texas OBRC shirts available and need to know what size shirts you and your wife wear and if she prefers ladies or mens t-shirts.

As far as the Beaumont Chapter, I will try to write some PR posts that we can get on the Texas & National social media pages as well as our main website.

I will let you know as soon as they are ready.

Thanks
FTW