I AM AN OLDER BIKER

Any REGISTERED web user can post comments here.
FTW
Site Admin

I AM AN OLDER BIKER

Post by FTW »

I AM AN OLDER BIKER

It took me many years to become part of this elite group and while I don't know how many more years I will be able to enjoy the rides, I am thankful for each and every time I get to enjoy the wind in my face, the variety of fragrances that fill my nostrils and the awesome beauty of nature that surrounds me.

I and my fellow members come from all sorts of backgrounds. Some of us risked our lives on foreign soil, fighting for the freedom we all enjoy, while others placed their lives in danger protecting us from the criminals that wanted to harm us. Still others helped produce and deliver the products that make your life more comfortable. But regardless of the differences in our background, the common bond that unites us is the fact that we have paid our dues and made sacrifices throughout our lives in order to help others and now that many of our obligations are not as demanding upon our time, we choose to focus our time and attention on feeling the power with each twist of the throttle, hearing the roar of an engine underneath us and getting lost in our thoughts as the wind caresses our entire body.

It seems like every week on the news, we hear about rich famous people between the ages of 40 to 70 that are dying from accidents, drugs or illness. We are old enough to realize the human body does not come with a guaranty and that some day, we are all going to die. However, as we get older, we become more aware of the restrictions our body can place upon us. Some of our members deal with Arthritis pain that can make it harder to get their legs straight, when they come to a complete stop, while others may have artificial legs, or have no muscle control over a leg due to a stroke, or carry Oxygen tanks so they can breath or wear medical alert bracelets because of stents in their heart. Regardless of any medical conditions that our members may or may not face now, we all realize the days, months and years that we will be able to continue enjoying this passion we have for riding down the open highway on two or three wheels, is limited. Therefore, we choose to really appreciate each and every curve we lean into, mountain top we see in the skyline, wisp of cool air we feel on a hot summer day and the roar of our pipes as we hit the throttle one more time.

If you are old enough to understand how limited your good health is and can truly appreciate the sights and sounds of the open road without stopping at bars while you are riding, then we would like to invite you to join the Older Bikers Riding Club. Remember, there are no promises for tomorrow, so ENJOY THE RIDE TODAY.

Copyright 7/12/2009
FTW
Older Bikers Riding Club
http://www.olderbikers.org